Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Miksang Day Five

Nikon D7000, 100mm (28-200), 1/1600, f/5.3, ISO 500

By the fifth day I was beginning to tire. It was a lot to absorb. We moved to Louisville, Colo., for the shooting part of the day, and wow was it ever hot. Plus I had to hit the road back to Kansas as soon as class ended. In short, not the best of conditions for the necessary state of calm and awareness.

Still, I managed to get two or three good photos. The assignment was “simplicity,” also known as isolation. The blue door at the top of this post is my favorite, another I may print and frame.

Nikon D7000, 200mm (28-200), 1/4000, f/5.6, ISO 500

As I limped down the sidewalk, this pine cone fell out of its tree and came to rest right at my feet. Such an obvious invitation proved impossible to decline.

Nikon D7000, 66mm (28-200), 1/80, f/4.8, ISO 500

To escape the heat for awhile, I hid in the local library. One of the walls sported a school of ceramic fish. The appeal of this shot is due more to the artist who created the fish than to my skill with a camera. Still, it’s a fun shot.

Thus endeth the Miksang expedition. Next week I’ll return to more standard fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment