Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Stained glass

Nikon D7000, 50mm, 1/60, f/4, ISO 1250, edited and cropped

I’m a great fan of stained glass windows, and I enjoy photographing them when I get the chance. However, I’ve frequently found the angles challenging. Naturally what I’d like in a photo is a straight-on view of the window. But they’re frequently some distance above eye level. I haven’t yet mastered the art of levitation, and I don’t tend to carry a ladder with me (especially not into museums or churches). So I’m usually stuck with awkward distortions.

Photoshop once again to the rescue. The lens correction filter allows for at least some correction of distortions such as a bad camera angle. Thus a photo such as the original shot (below) can be adjusted to look more like what I’m after (above).

Nikon D7000, 50mm, 1/60, f/4, ISO 1250

No comments:

Post a Comment