Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Semester wrap-up


As the semester draws to a close, I’ve been making some adjustments to The Photographer’s Sketchbook. This entry gives you a sneak peek at the revised version of the home page. I’m not going to make the changes to the site itself until the semester is officially over. Working with computers for three decades or so has given me a healthy appreciation for the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” principle, so I don’t want to risk messing anything up while students may still need access to it.

This fall was the first time I’d ever taught photography as a blended learning class, combining on-ground sessions with online work. Overall I’ve been extremely pleased with the results. But I did note a change or two that needed to be made in course organization.

I also replaced four of the splash page photos with new pictures and replaced the old banner (which was created using a script font) with actual hand lettering.

Over the Christmas break I’ll be making some design changes to the slide shows on the web site. We’ve added quite a few this semester:

No comments:

Post a Comment