Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Snow


Nikon D7000, 18mm (18-55mm), 1/50, F/7.1, ISO 100

To start the new year, here’s a seasonably-appropriate shot. I took it with the camera mounted on a tripod, which gave me free reign to turn the ISO down to 100 (giving me a crisp, non-grainy image) and set my shutter speed to whatever I wanted.

This shot was taken at 1/50 of a second, which I could probably have taken without a tripod. Note that the snow appears in dark areas of the photo as subtle white streaks (and of course it doesn’t show up against white backgrounds at all). You may need to click on the photo to enlarge it so you can see the detail.

Or better yet, check out the larger version and five more shots I just added to the first slide show in the Photographer’s Sketchbook web site. Fair warning, though: this project is still in its early stages of development. The slide show works just fine (be patient while it loads), but if you come back to it on down the road it may look different and have a few more bells and whistles.

No comments:

Post a Comment